18twenty8 is a women-led Non-Profit Organisation that empowers young South African women from previously disadvantaged backgrounds by developing strategies for their educational and personal development. We are a Level 4 BBBEE Contributor and an Exempted Micro Enterprise. Our registered name is Reithuteng (Association incorporated under Section 21) (Reg. No.: 2009/009499/08) and we are registered with the South African Department of Social Development (Reg. No.: 073-651-NPO). 18twenty8 is our trading name. We are an approved tax-exempt Public Benefit Organisation with the South African Revenue Service (PBO No.: 930 032 774).
Although our main aim is to support young women between the ages of 18 and 28, those outside of this age bracket may also be considered.18twenty8 provides young women with access to the resources that are necessary for them to be successful in their social, academic, emotional and professional lives. We encourage young women to value their education because educated women are not only empowered, they are also more likely to confer the benefits of their education to others than their male counterparts are.
We want to reach as many young women from disadvantaged backgrounds in South Africa as possible and help them to become qualified and competent professionals in all sectors of the economy.
- To provide financial assistance to deserving young women for their educational needs.
- To provide role models and mentors for young women through our Big Sister network.
- To have constructive conversations with young women.
- To provide general support to young women of school leaving age as they enter university or prepare for their first jobs.
- To assist young women in developing career plans and life goals.