A charity working within emerging economies:
– Promoting and supporting the education of Actuarial Sciences
– Supporting the development of the actuarial profession
– Facilitating research projects, e.g. exploring the long term effects of the pandemic outbreaks of AIDS/HIV on the socio-economic structures
The work of 3E takes place in emerging economies or minority communities within established economies:
Some of its work includes the following:
– Donating actuarial text books and journals to institutions running actuarial science courses
– Offering individual scholarships and awards to students studying Actuarial science or related degrees especially Mathematics and Statistics.
– Providing advice, support and relevant contacts to universities setting up actuarial science programmes
– Building fully equipped study centres for research and advanced actuarial education where students can gather and study, thus supporting the development of actuarial communities
– Facilitating the placement of lecturers/tutors from established actuarial fraternities/institutions to complement actuarial education within institutions in emerging economies
– Promoting the actuarial profession within primary and secondary institutions. In particular, through promoting and encouraging the love of mathematics.
– Promoting and facilitating links between students and academicians of Actuarial Science around the world.
– Working with related agencies interested in the overall development of emerging economies and the general well being of the global community.
…and many more activities aimed at
– Supporting the development of actuarial education within emerging economies
– Supporting the individuals involved in the above through the provision of materials, tutors and a support network
– Increasing the flow of home-grown qualified actuaries
– Re-educating traditional employers to utilise home grown actuarial talent and making non-traditional employers of the value of the actuarial discipline.