The principle objective of ATC is the elimination of mines and UXOs throughout Afghanistan.
Other ATC objectives are summarized by the following:
1. To facilitate the safe return of Afghan refugees and internally displaced persons to their homes and land;
2. To facilitate the resumption of normal economic activities;
3. To provide an emergency response section to rescue persons trapped in minefields and other similar situations;
4. To provide mine awareness education to civilians in mine affected areas by volunteer members of demining teams; and
5. To operate at maximum possible safety levels while maintaining high levels of productivity and efficiency;