– Africare works to improve the quality of life in Africa.
Africare works in partnership with African communities to achieve healthy and productive societies. Africare’s approach places communities at the center of development activities. Africare believes that only through strong communities can Africa feed itself, appropriately exploit its natural resources, educate, care and protect its children, promote the economic well being of African people and live in peace.
The Rebublic of Angola:
– Life expectancy in Egypt is 71 years. In the United States, the average person can expect to live to the age of 77.
– Of every 1,000 babies born alive in Egypt, 39 will die before their fifth birthdays — compared to only 8 out of 1,000 in the United States.
– Safe water is accessible to 98% of the people of Egypt.
– Illiteracy is a major problem in Africa, as is the disparity between men’s and women’s education. In Egypt, 68% of the men and just 47% of the women are literate. In the United States, nearly all adults — 97% of both men and women — can read and write.
– Annual per capita income in Egypt is $3,810 (GDP per capita, ppp US$). It is $35,750 in the United States.