ACT is a private, non-profit organization working to conserve land and resources. Landowners may work with ACT when they wish to permanently protect the ecological, agricultural, scenic, or historic qualities of their land.
ACT provides many services to the landowner. ACT helps choose a strategy that meets the landowner’s conservation and financial needs. ACT may own the property or hold a conservation easement. The landowner may benefit from reductions in both state and federal taxes. Lastly, ACT stewards protected lands forever.
Agricultural and Community Trust (ACT) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. We exist to alleviate the physical, economic, social and ecological causes of deterioration in both rural and urban communities. We:
– Promote access to land, housing and productive resources for low-income people and others who are disadvantaged in their efforts to meet their basic needs;
– Preserve and protect agricultural and open space lands;
– Promote the conservation and ecologically responsible use of land and other resources;
– Support the development of a stable and productive economic base in and for local communities; and
– Encourage economic development which promotes local investment.