- To help small, rural communities of Nicaragua develop and maintain access to safe drinking water.
- To help these communities derive maximum benefits from safe water through higher standards of hygiene.
- To preserve and protect the watersheds that provide water to these communities.
- To provide training and education to local people in all aspects of designing, building, and maintaining drinking water systems so that they can achieve autonomy in rural drinking water development.
- To measure the impact of safe water and hygiene education on the health of infants and children.
- To develop design tools and teaching methods for use by other groups involved in village water system construction.