Alaska World Affairs Council
– The Council achieves its goals through public events, weekly luncheons, educational activities such as World Quest, the International Visitor Leadership Program, and much more.
The purpose of the Alaska World Affairs Council is to:
– support and strengthen the United States and its institutions by developing an informed public and promoting international understanding, awareness and involvement in current-day world issues;
– stimulate interest in world affairs and inspire the public to be involved in world issues, through a program of lectures, discussion forums, media events and other educational activities;
– inform and educate our students, from the elementary through the university levels, in the importance of involvement in, and understanding of, world affairs;
– provide support materials, training opportunities and discussion forums for teachers in the fields of foreign policy, geography and current events; and
– facilitate cooperation among groups and organizations with similar goals, locally, nationally and internationally.