The Alberta Aquaculture Association supports the pursuit of aquaculture promotion and education.
Code of Ethics:
The Code of Ethics for the Alberta Aquaculture Association is a statementof principles that guides the members in their business and management practices.
Members of the Alberta Aquaculture Association:
- Conduct business in an ethical manner.
- Adhere to federal, provincial and municipal laws, rules and regulations related to the industry and to their business.
- Are committed to the protection and preservation of indigenous species.
- Use management practices that promote the growth and development of an environmentally sustainable industry.
- Maintain equipment and use practices that provide for the humane handling of live produce
- Are informed regarding any product or service provided to customers
- Are informed about new and improved information and technology available to the aquaculture industry.
- Use methods that provide the healthiest product possible.
- Discuss with the customer conditions that minimize the loss of fish before providing the product
- Resolve customer complaints in a timely manner.