Anti-Slavery International, founded in 1839, is the world’s oldest international human rights organisation and the only charity in the United Kingdom to work exclusively against slavery and related abuses. We work at local, national and international levels to eliminate the system of slavery around the world by:
* Urging governments of countries with slavery to develop and implement measures to end it;
* Lobbying governments and intergovernmental agencies to make slavery a priority issue;
* Supporting research to assess the scale of slavery in order to identify measures to end it;
* Working with local organisations to raise public awareness of slavery;
* Educating the public about the realities of slavery and campaigning for its end.