To contribute towards poverty reduction through interventions in health and income generation among vulnerable groups like women, youth and children.ARRDEC is a registered non governmental development organization, established for the purpose of ameliorating the health and economic conditions of rural dwellers in Nigeria. ARRDEC believes that her contributions in these two sectors would substantially impact on the educational and social development of the rural populace in the country, with particular emphasis on Akwa Ibom State.
*Launching of HIV/AIDS Awareness campaign in Oron, Mbo, Okobo, Eket, Ikot Abasi, Eastern Obolo and Ibeno Local Government Areas, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
* Train-The-Trainer Workshop on Reproductive Health for volunteers and Health Workers in Oron Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
* Reproductive Health Education/HIV/AIDS Awareness Programme in five primary schools in Mbo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
* HIV/AIDS Awareness/Prevention Programme for church workers in Dunamis International Gospel Centre, Lagos. These were carried out in partnership with UNAIDS, ExxonMobil and Private individuals.
* Currently there is an on-going HIV/AIDS Awareness/Prevention Programme for Fishermen, Motor Park Operatives and Migrant Population in five riverine LGAs of Akwa Ibom State.
* We have undertaken several Medical Missions (free diagnostic and therapeutic services) to rural communities in Cross River State and Akwa Ibom State in partnership with the States Governments and Oron Development Union, USA branch. Five LGAs were visited in Akwa Ibom State and three days were spent in each LGA. Five LGAs were also visited in Cross River State.
* Also in partnership with UNV Nigeria, Medical Mission was undertaken in Lagos Nigeria for two days.
* Medical Mission was done in Benin, Nigeria in partnership with Church of the Redeemer, USA
* ARRDEC has donated Drugs and Medical Supplies to the following :
-Child Development Programme, Akwa Ibom State – 2000. Food Items were also donated.
-Mission Crusaders Ministries, Koma Hill, Adamawa State.
-Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent De Paul, Ogoni, Rivers State – 2000
-Several Private Hospitals in Oron, Akwa Ibom State.
* ARRDEC has also embarked on economic empowerment of rural women by giving out soft loans to widows and other women in Oron and Uyo communities of Akwa Ibom State. Jobless youth have also benefited from this programme.