The Ape Alliance is an international coalition of organisations and individuals, working for the conservation and welfare of apes. It exists to:
– Provide a forum for discussion of issues relating to apes.
– Develop position papers on key issues.
– Lobby collectively for enactment and/or enforcement of legislation to improve the welfare and/or conservation of apes.
– Campaign for greater public awareness of ape issues and increase respect for apes.
– Facilitate information exchange between member groups and, where appropriate, coordinate activities to maximise their beneficial effect.
This work is supported by grants from the Born Free Foundation, and the International Fund for Animal Welfare.