The aim of the Australia Water Partnership is to promote integrated water resources and river basin management in Australia and overseas by:
1) Serving as the Australian Country Partnership within the Global Water Partnership;
2) Improving communication among water stakeholders and facilitating the sharing of expertise;
3) Supplying information to enrich the content of the Global Water Partnership Toolbox with Australian case studies and experience;
4) Supporting the efforts of aid and development cooperation organisations in Australia and overseas by contributing to discussion on priorities, capacity building and any other aspects in relation to integrated water resources management;
5) Working with other country partnerships and regions to develop innovations and share expertise; and
6) Providing a neutral forum for integrated water resources management debates within Australia.