TURMEPAs mission over the next five years is to become the most powerful force for protecting Turkeys seas and waterways.
Its aim is to make protection of Turkeys vast marine environment a national priority, ensuring that future generations continue to enjoy the health, leisure and economic benefits of the sea.
– Raise public awareness of the eminent risks to personal health and welfare, and to Turkeys economic future.
– Motivate the public to take positive actions that demonstrate intolerance for continued destruction of the marine and coastal environment.
– Instill in children and youth an environmental consciousness to ensure long-term protection of the seas.
– Protect priority endangered marine environments and enable Turkey to meet international environmental obligations and requirements for EU membership
– Alert the public of government and public sector actions that harm the marine environment and mobilize public action to encourage effective law enforcement.