Nkuzi is a non profit organisation registered in South Africa as a section 21 company (97 20743/08) and providing a range of support services to historically-disadvantaged communities wishing to improve their rights and access to land.
Nkuzi started operating early in 1997 and now has twenty one full time staff and five full time volunteers working throughout the Limpopo Province, northern parts of Mpumalanga Province and with farm residents in Gauteng Province.
The core purpose of Nkuzi is to enable and support marginalised rural and peri-urban communities in exercising their land and related rights. Our aim is to facilitate the acquisition of land and its productive and sustainable use.
In the pursuance of this purpose Nkuzi has the following Objectives:
– To redress the present racially skewed patterns of land use and control in South Africa;
– To ensure equitable participation of youth and women in land initiatives;
– To promote the creative and sustainable land use based on the appreciation of the value of land;
– To support the creation of a dynamic and critically aware land rights movement;
– To develop and promote pro-poor agrarian reform policies and methodologies;