Our Mission Statement:
The Preserve will be an internationally recognized public showcase of boreal and arctic wildlife, serving education, research, conservation and wildlife appreciation, the local community and economic development needs of the Yukon
The Preserve’s Environment:
– Maintain the habitat-based open space concept for animal displays.
– Maintain high standards for photographic, filming benefits.
– Balance self-sustaining animal population size with preservation of the substrate and plant communities.
– Control visual impact of fences and structures
– Maintain healthy and clean environment ( set an example )
– Enhance environment with landscaping efforts using indigenous plant species.
– Select a building design that is congruent with a gate-way to nature”.
The Animal Population:
– Exhibit Canadian wildlife species.
– Maintain stock with high genetic diversity.
– Operate within all applicable laws