Zonta International is a global service organization of executives in business and the professions working together to advance the status of women. Nearly 33,000 members belong to more than 1,200 Zonta Clubs in 68 countries and geographic areas.
Zonta International seeks to:
– provide service globally and locally;
– improve the legal, political, economic, health, educational and professional status of women;
– work for the advancement of understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of executives in business and the professions;
– promote justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms;
– be united internationally to foster high ethical standards, implement service programs, and provide mutual support and fellowship for members who serve their communities, their nations and the universe.
Zonta International works to advance the status of women by:
– leading advocacy efforts and acting to improve the lives of women
– promoting strategies to eradicate violence against women and children
– funding scholarships and awards for women of exceptional ability and talent through the Zonta International Foundation
– supporting programs aimed at improving women’s health, safety, and economic and political status through funding by the Zonta International Foundation
– encouraging mentorship, friendship and networking among the membership